Stepping Stones to America
We counsel students, always keeping in mind their ambitions and goals, and their academic, work and family and financial background. We help students to choose a course which will suit their needs and desires.
Step 1: After selecting a course and field of study, the next step is choosing a school.
We work closely with our partners in U.S to help students select the best school for their needs. Our U.S. partner, AMVN Exchange has relationships with schools at all levels (from high schools to undergraduate and graduate institutions) and provides Vietnamese students with the most complete information to make their decision.
Step 2: Application Preparation
- Organizing a schedule to keep student on task to complete all components of the school applications, including standardized testing.
- Advising on extracurricular activities during the academic year and summer months (e.g. community service projects and internships) to strengthen a student’s candidacy.
- Resume preparation — a prioritized list of extracurricular activities; awards, honors, achievements and commendations; employment and internships; community service; summer activities; hobbies and interests.
- Brainstorming and editing personal statements and short answer responses.
- Selecting and approaching teachers and other references for letters of recommendation.
- Polishing each component of the school application prior to submission.
- Preparing for school interviews (if requested by school)
- Identifying and compiling additional materials necessary for international students’ application to U.S. schools.
- Scholarship Assistance: AECT provides complete information about various scholarship offered by our schools and organization partners in U.S. Also we provide you personal assistance in obtaining loans from Banks in Vietnam and other scholarships.
Step 3: ESL and American Culture Classes:
After students complete application forms and waiting for admission decision and I-20, we provide ESL and American Culture classes during the two months prior to departure. This helps students improve their English and cultural knowledge and is highly useful for their visa interview and also for their life in US.
Step 4: Visa Consulting
- Helping parents and students understand the visa process
- Assisting students and their parents in preparing student’s visa interview documents
- Administer mock visa interviews
- Make sure that all student papers are arranged according to the U.S Embassy requirements.
Step 5: Accommodations and Airport Pick-up
Our sole partner in U.S (AMVN Exchange) will arrange for your accommodation and also airport pick-up services. Your safety and comfort is our priority.
Step 6: New Students Orientation Program
We provide an Orientation Program for new students 1 week after students arrive the U.S to make sure students understand U.S laws for international students and what they should/should not do.